Below are some answers to many frequently asked questions about the Niagara Mudfest Challenge. If you need additional information please contact us.
How to prepare for race day
- Make sure to bring extra clothes … we have this strange feeling you might get filthy
- Sunglasses are not encouraged
- Make sure you are properly warmed up before you begin the run
- Leave your valuables at home, Niagara Mudfest is not liable for any lost or stolen items
- Wear your most disgusting clothes and old sneakers, because more than likely they WILL NOT return home
- Bring a dirty clothes bag, or maybe a couple. INCLUDE a few towels, flip flops and a change of clothes.
What happens race day?
- Arrive Come at least 1hour prior to your race time.
- Check In Head over to the registration area and receive your race package.
- Bag Check Put all non-racing items in a bag.
- Paperwork Please make sure all applicable information is filled out.
- Get Prepared Make sure you are warmed up for the dirtiest experience ever.
- Photo ID Don’t forget to bring your photo ID on Race Day to register or you will not be able to participate.
- Get Filthy Now this is very important … HAVE FUN!
- Waiver must be completed, prior to participating in race.
- Niagara Mudfest is not responsible or liable for any medical cost incurred with your participation in this event.
- If asked for identification, participants are required to show to event staff.
- Niagara Mudfest takes place rain or shine, unless cancelled.
- No fighting, mud throwing or rough play in the mud pit.
- No pushing or pulling other participants on the route.
- Participants are not allowed to return to the course after finishing the race.
- Spectators are not allowed on the course (only on designated course areas)
- If an individual’s actions are endangering the safety of others he or she will be removed from the course and asked to leave immediately.
How long does the run take?
The adult course takes takes approximately 30 minutes for the elite class and approximately an hour for first-time mudders. The kid’s course will be open for unlimited runs by all participants 6-12 years old.
What if I can’t complete an obstacle?
Team work is encouraged in completing obstacles. However, if you are unable to complete an obstacle, drop and perform 10 burpees.
How many members can we have on our team?
- You can create a team with as many teammates as you wish.
- You can register a team anytime before registration closes. To join an existing team contact us for more information.
What will I receive for my entry fee?
- Filthy fun on the obstacle course.
- T-shirt, beverage and lunch.